Internal memory of a device plays a major role in device performance & Storage. Few Apps can only be installed in Internal memory of
low end devices which in turn reduces device performance. So here we increase internal memory/storage of android device.
Things you Require :
- Memory card.
- MiniTool Partition Wizard Home Edition: Download
- Mount2SD : Mounts2SD
- Rooted Android Phone.
- Init.d support enabled.
- Busybox pro: Download
For increasing storage you have to partition your SD card into two parts:
- First partition as Fat32 (used as main SD card)
- Second partition is EXT2 (used as Internal memory)
Disclaimer : I am not responsible if you brick your device, But i can assure you that it will work if you do the same as i say.
Do not forget to take a nandroid backup of ur phone before doing this .
CWM recovery > Backup & Restore > Backup
- If you have already ‘PARTITIONED??? your SD card into ‘FAT32??? & ‘Ext2??? then Skip Step 1&2.
- If you have already partitioned your SD card. But made the second partition of other file type then ‘EXT2??? For Ex: FAT32 , EXT4 then Skip Step 1 & continue from Step 2.
- If you are new to Partitioning then Follow each step carefully (Carefully).
Step 1 ??? To create a SD card partition with Minitool : In this process your memory card will be formatted.
1. Install Minitool partition on your pc.
2. Copy any data you want from your SD card to a file/folder in your computer.
3. Launch MiniTool Partition Wizard and wait for the application to recognize and display your drives.
4. Right-click on the heading for your SD card and select “Delete???. Any existing partition on your card and all data stored on the card will be deleted.
5. Now again right click on the SD card & Click the “Create??? button and select “Primary???. in Create as.
6. Select “File System: FAT??? if your card’s capacity is less than 2GB; select “File System: FAT32??? if the card is 4GB or greater.
7. Select the amount of space you wish to allocate for regular file storage from the Partition Size menu(the remaining space will be the internal memory of your android). Then click “OK??? to close the menu.
8. Now there will be two partitions of your SD card now right click on the second partition of your SD card(which will be showing as un-allocated)
9. Click “Create??? and again select “Primary???. Then Choose “File System: EXT2???
10. Click “Apply??? when finished. None of the actions described above will occur until you click this button ??? MiniTool Partition Wizard queues actions to run in sequence instead of processing them when entered.
Thats all, after the process finishes you will have two partitions. when you connect your SDcard next time, in ‘My Computer??? it will show the capacity as the first partition.
Step 2 : This is for those who have already created a partition but have set their 2nd partition as FAT32 or other but now want to convert them into EXT2 partition.
NOTE : In this process your main memory card is not formatted. But still create a backup.
1. First uninstall all the apps like link2sd (if u have linked any app then delete all the links) and app2sd and do a factory reset of ur phone and then connect ur memory card through acard reader or through usb cable with pc .
2. Open Minitool partition you will be able to see your two partition.
3. Right click on the second partition( mostly the one with smaller size) and click on delete (do not disturb the first partition) and click OK now your second partition will be shown as un-allocated.
4. Right click again on the second partition and click on create and choose “primary??? in create as and “Ext2??? in file system.
5. Now click OK and then click on apply on the top left corner and wait for the process to finish thats all you have created a EXT2 second partition.
Also Read : How to Install Minimal ADB and Fastboot Tool
Step 3 : Install Busy box and init.d support.
1. Use this tutorial to install init.d support –??Init.d.
2. Download Busybox pro from above link.
3. After installing it open Busybox, slide left side see on up it should be install busybox.
4. Under smart install it will be loading some file let them load and wait till the above screen comes. Now select ‘Install???, And then it will ask you to choose smart or normal Choose ‘Smart install???. Done !
Step 5 : To install and use Mounts2SD
- Download and install Mounts2SD on your Android from playstore.
- Launch Mounts2SD. Click on the options button ( the botton left to the home button of your device) and select “Applications Setting???.
- Now in ‘Application settings??? select “Install scrips on start up???. and wait till process is over.
- Press back now you will be on the main screen of Mount2SD. then goto settings (the Wrench icon ??? it will be next to the eye icon on the top).
- Click on cache and enable it . Check the applications , data , and dalvik cache. (do not select system apps) and then close the mounts2sd.
- Now reboot your device . ( The boot may take long time but its normal so don’t panic.. and also a android upgrading message may come on boot )
NOTE : If you want to check the remaining memory of your second partition open the Mounts2SD and in “Storage??? tab see the external it is your second partition.
Wait till everything is over and your mobile is booted . Now go to “Settings > Apps??? and see the internal memory. Now install any app or game and again check the internal memory. It will still be the same.
I hope this article helped you. If you have any doubt or suggestions you can comment below. Do Like & Share this post.