The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4, launched in Dec 2016, is the next budget smartphone after the Redmi Note 3.
If you’re the one who loves to tweak Android devices, than probably Rooting your Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 & installing custom ROMs should be your first choice. So the good news is, you can Successfully root Redmi Note 4. Rooting will not only allow you to remove Bloatware even more it also improve your device’s performance. If you’re not aware of the term Rooting, you can read everything about Android rooting.
If you don’t know about Boot loop, Device Brick than please try this on your own risk.
- A Windows PC.
- Mi Unlock Tool: Download
- ADB Fastboot Tool (Installation is shown in link)
- ADB USB Drivers (Installation is shown in link)
- TWRP Recovery for Redmi Note 4: Download
- SuperSU v2.82: Download (Scroll down to ZIP category and find “Latest(V x.xx):” refer to screenshot)
Procedure to root Xiaomi Redmi Note 4
- Unlocking Bootloader:We first need to unlock the bootloader, which will allow installation of custom software (TWRP).
- Installing TWRP Custom Recovery: Install the TWRP Recovery in our device. Through TWRP we can flash files without messing with code.
- Rooting: Flash the SuperSU zip file that will root our device & install the SuperSU Root management App.
How to unlock Bootloader on Xiaomi Redmi Note 4
1. Go to MiUnlock, Sign in with your Mi ID and request for Bootloader unlock with proper reason.
2. After getting approval SMS Login with the same Mi account in your Xiaomi Redmi Note 4.
3. Extract the Mi Unlock tool and launch “MiFlashUnlock.exe??? file as an Administrator.
4.Open the app, click on Agree. Enter your same Mi Account details in the Mi unlock app.
On login, Mi will check if your Account certainly has unlock permissions.
Also Read : 10 Best Photo Editor Apps For Android In 2018
5. Once you get the Device not connected message, switch off your Redmi Note 4 & boot into fastboot mode (Press and hold Volume Down + Power button), release the button as soon as you see “Fastboot??? written on screen.
6. Connect your Redmi Note 4 using a USB cable & click on “Unlock??? in Mi Unlock tool.
7. Wait for the unlock tool to unlock the bootloader on your Xiaomi Redmi Note 4. Once the procedure is completed, you’ll see something similarly:
Finally you have successfully unlocked the bootloader on your Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 therefore You can now head on to installing TWRP Custom Recovery in Xiaomi Redmi Note 4.
How to install TWRP Recovery in Xaiomi Redmi Note 4
1. First of all download the ADB Fastboot tool and extract it. Transfer the downloaded TWRP.img file in ADB folder.
2. Enable USB Debugging (Go to Settings > About Device > Tap on Build Number 7 times. Return to Settings > Developer options > Enable USB Debugging)
3. switch off your Redmi Note 4 & boot into fastboot mode (Press and hold Volume Down + Power button) than Connect your Redmi Note 4 to PC.
4. Launch the “command.bat??? file from ADB folder. Run the below command to check if everything is setup well. It will return code with connected devices.
5. Now the final step of TWRP installation, type with the name of twrp file, “lets take a look my file’s name is recovery.img” than type: Most Noteworthy
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
Finally you have successfully installed TWRP custom recovery. Now you can install custom ROMs, MODs, Kernels & Xposed too. It’s time to root Redmi Note 4 using TWRP.
How to Root Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 (Installing SuperSU):
1. First of all transfer the SuperSU.zip file in your Xiaomi Redmi Note 4’s Internal memory. Turn off your device.
2. Boot into TWRP custom recovery mode using Press and hold Vol + and power button.
3. Click on Install and locate the SuperSU Root file from the list.
4. Swipe to confirm installation of SuperSU Root file in Xiaomi Redmi Note 4.
5. After the installation is completed, Clear Dalvik cache and Cache. Now reboot your Xiaomi Redmi Note 4.
That’s it folks! We have tried to cover almost every part with proper images and screenshots. You have rooted your Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 furthermore you can install Xposed Framework or checkout our list of best Apps for Rooted Android. If you have any doubts, you can ask me in the comment section.