Installing the Minimal ADB and Fastboot tool is really very easy similar to any other software installation procedure.
Features of Minimal ADB & Fastboot Tool:
- Easy to Install: ADB and Fastboot with a simple to use installer. Just below the onscreen instructions & press next. That’s it!
- Lightweight: Total installation size is around 2 MB whereas Android SDK takes takes about 1.5-2GB after installation.
- Supports both 32 Bit & 64 Bit OS
- Can be used as portable ADB and Fastboot tool.
- All debugging commands that work in Android SDK work in Minimal version as well.
- Your device is plugged into your computer
- You have USB Debugging enabled under Developer Options (Note: This maybe listed as ADB Debugging on some ROM’s)
- Installed USB Drivers of your device & your computer is recognizing your device : USB Drivers for all Android
Download Latest Minimal ADB & Fastboot : DOWNLOAD
Just follow the onscreen instructions and accept the agreement to finish the installation.
Step 1. First of all download the latest Minimal ADB & Fastboot file from above link.
Step 2. Launch the adb.exe file to begin the installation process.
Step 3. Click on Next until you see the “Installation path??? screen which asks to specify the folder you want to install the ADB files, by default, it is “C:\Program Files (x86)\Minimal ADB and Fastboot???. (Remember the path if you changed it)
Step 4. Click on Next, Select the box which asks “Create a desktop icon??? and install the software. It would take 1-2 mins depending on your PC to finish the installation.
Once you have installed the tool, launch the tool from the desktop icon named as “Minimal ADB and Fastboot???. You should now see a command window open, with the command window open you can now issue ADB and Fastboot commands to your device
Step 5. To connect your device with ADB, you need to perform another few steps. In your device, Go to Settings > About Phone > Tap almost 7-8 times on the Build Number, until it says “You’re now a developer???
Step 6. Go back to Settings > Developer Options > Enable USB Debugging as shown in the image.
Step 7. Connect your phone to your PC using the original USB cable. To check if everything is working well, enter ???adb devices??? in the ADB command window. You’ll see a notification your device with some text asking “Allow USB Debugging???, click on “OK???.
The Minimal ADB command window will return your device code which means everything is set to go.
- Minimal ADB only works with Windows OS both 64-bit & 32-bit.
- Make sure to use the most latest version of tool to flash files in latest Android version devices as well as with old devices.
- Install ADB USB Drivers for Android device by connecting your device in USB Debugging mode.
Learning ADB commands will help you come out of non-working devices or tweak your device. As a result, it will help you increase your knowledge regarding Android system, its files & even more.