When you successfully root your device then you want to know what to do now. Let’s have a look at some of the customizations that you can make on a rooted Android device. You should remember that in order to customize your smartphone at system level, it is required to root your phone.
Below listed are some of the many customization that you can make to a rooted Android device. Also, we have not listed installing Xposed as it’s necessary to have it installed to use many of the methods from below.
1. Change IMEI number of your phone
This cool tweak will help you to change the IMEI number of your phone and change the phone’s identity to reap bonus from some recharge apps. IMEI number of every mobile device is its identity to recognize that network on the cellular network and this identity is by default set by the maker of that device. But you can change this in your device for a temporary period of time. The following steps can be followed to change the phone’s IMEI.
- First of all you will need a rooted phone. If you have not rooted your phone yet, then root your phone first.
- After rooting , install the Xposed framework on your phone.
- Take a backup of your actual IMEI number.
- Now install the Xposed IMEI changer app by downloading it from playstore. This app will help you in changing the IMEI of your phone.
- Enable the Xposed IMEI changer in the Xposed framework.
- Launch the app and you will see the IMEI screen changer option where you will have an IMEI changer field, there type any of your desired IMEI numbers that you want to assign to your device.
2. Recover WIFI password using your device
Do you ever forgotten your wifi password. This trick will help you in remembering a simple password. Below mentioned steps should be followed to remember wifi passwords. However, it should be mentioned earlier that these steps will work only on a rooted device.
- After rooting your device download and install the app Wifi Key Recovery on your android
- Now launch the app and you will see the popup asking for permission for superuser access grant it the permission.
- Now you will see all the wifi networks that you had connected with your android device and their passwords too along with them.
- Just copy the password and get login into that wifi.
That’s it . Your wifi password will be recovered. You can even change the password by visiting the admin panel of the network.
3. Remotely Turn Off Any Android By Sending SMS
This is a very cool tweak that you can do with your device. The app that you will install will allows you to remotely shutdown the Android device by sending a SMS to the device that you have configured with it. Of course, you will need a rooted Android device. Once your device is rooted, follow these steps ???
- Download 4. Block Ads on Official Youtube App
You might be wondering how to avoid these irritating ads while watching your favorite video. You can use the Xposed module Youtube AdAway to do this. This module can block advertisements in many aspects according to a pre-loaded-list. And the good thing is that it neither affects the system host files nor conflict with them.
5. Increase RAM of your Android phone.
The Android OS in compared to iOS requires more RAM. So phones with higher RAM always gives the best performance. But, with more RAM , the price of the phone also increases. Follow this guide.
6. Change Serial Number Of Your Android
The serial number identifies your device uniquely in the network. This identity is set by default by the manufacturer. But with an android phone, you can change this number. You will require a Xposed module to perform the task. Before initiating the procedure make sure to root your device and install Xposed framework. Once these have been done, follow the below steps.
- you will need the Xposed Module serial number changer. Install this module in your phone and launch the app.
- Provide super user access to the app and reboot the device.
- Now we can give your custom serial number that you want to set on your device.
- Reboot your device once again.
You may go to Settings > About Phone > Status > Serial Number to check if your serial number had changed.
7. Change MAC Address Of Your Android Device
On your device you can check the MAC address of your device by navigating to Menu > Settings > About device > MAC Address. you can change this MAC address of your phone.
- Download and install the app BusyBox.
- Next, install the Terminal in your Android.
- Open the terminal and type su and press enter. This will ask for superuser access and you need to grant it.
- If you want to see your current MAC address, then type
busybox iplink show eth0
busybox ifconfig eth0 hw ether XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX
The XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX has to be replaced by your new MAC address that you want to assign to your device.
With that the MAC address of your device will be changed to the new one. You can check the new MAC address by just typing
busybox link show eth0
8. Make Your Android Boot Faster
Normal Android phones do not have options to skip this long booting time. However, in a rooted device it can be done easily.
- Download and install the app Root Explorer in your device & navigate to the folder System Folder -> Build.prop.
- And then tap on the file to open in and then choose any text editor to edit that file according to you.
- Now after opening the file, paste the simple code that is given below in it.
That’s it. The next time when you will power off your phone and boot it again, you will see a change.
9. Recover Deleted Files On Android
There are several recovery tools to recover deleted Android files. In this section, we will give you information about a powerful tool that can be used in a rooted phone to recover deleted files. This app is named DiskDigger. Well, it’s a photo recovery app that helps you to recover your lost photos and images from your memory card or internal memory. This app also requires a rooted phone to explore its full functionalities.
- Install DiskDigger and give superuser access to the app.
- Now you need to select the partition in which you want to recover files.
- Wait for some moment until the app displays you the deleted files.
- Now just mark the files that you want to recover and then clock on “Recover??? button, or hit the “Save??? icon.
That’s it. You have recovered the deleted files.
10. Create a Recovery Flashable ZIP for Android Apps
You can backup your apps in a recovery flashable zip. When you factory reset your phone, all apps will get eliminated and you will have to install them one by one from the play store. This is quite a lengthy and time consuming process.
But there is a very easy process to get back all those apps that you used previously in just a few clicks. follow the following steps:
- Download Recovery Flashable ZIP Template in your computer.
- Extract this zip file in your desktop and open the folder where files being extracted. Navigate to the System folder.
- In the system folder create a new folder and rename it to an app.
- Now copy your favorite apk file from your computer and paste in this app folder. Now move back to the root directory where you see “META-INF??? and “system??? folders.
- Select all the files and compress them as zip file.
That’s it! you are done, now your recovery flashable zip is ready that you can use to directly install all apps with a single flash.
We would like to hear your feedbacks in the comment section, if you have any other feature which you want to get listed on this post.